Dun-Bri Group has celebrated the official opening of their new regional centre on the Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate.
Known as Dun-Bri Yorkshire, the new building acts as a trade counter and distribution hub for its ever expanding customer base of commercial vehicle lighting and auto-electrical products in the North and North-East of England.
The centre was opened at midday on January 28th by the Mayor of Wakefield, Janet Holmes, surrounded by customers, suppliers and staff of the Dun-Bri Group.
During her speech commemorating the opening, the Lady Mayor stated that she was “delighted that the company had chosen Wakefield for their new trade counter and regional distribution hub”.
She continued, “The company has been demonstrating a strong commitment to supporting the local and regional economy by providing local people and businesses with the opportunity to supply goods and services in this new facility.”
The company has already begun investment of the £1million planned for the centre at Wakefield which with the help of the Economic Development Team at Wakefield Council has already seen the company appoint local businesses for a variety of services.
This followed a locally-focused recruitment campaign in which one member of staff was employed almost immediately after Sewell of Leeds went into liquidation in November of last year.
“We are delighted to have opened Dun-Bri Yorkshire in Wakefield,” said Andrew Strath, the Group Managing Director. “We already have close ties with this region, including several major suppliers in and around Leeds and we will continue to build on our success working with local people and companies.”
First established in 1989, the group is the United Kingdom’s leading and only specialist distributor of commercial vehicle lighting and auto-electrical products. The company is now actively seeking sales representatives, van drivers and administration staff to expand its operations.
Customers can contact the depot to take advantage of our generous range of opening special offers and discounts by calling 01924 577026 or by visiting www.dun-bri-yorkshire.com.
Notes to editors:
- Photographs and other images are available on request.
- This press release and future press releases can be sent to you via email, fax or by post and is available in plain text as well as formatted PDF.
- Dun-Bri Group first started trading in 1989. With its head office in Buntingford, Hertfordshire, it is the UK leader in the manufacture and distribution of light bars, flashing beacons and directional LED lighting for both the amber and emergency services; wiring harnesses; commercial vehicle after-market lighting and auto-electrical products.
- Dun-Bri Group now operates from locations in Buntingford; Preston, Lancashire and Wakefield, Yorkshire.
- More details on the company’s product range can be found at dun-bri.com.
For further information, please contact;
Media & Press Office
Tel: 01763 274185
Fax: 01763 274186